Friday 15 June 2012

MAM'S BIRTHDAY CARD 2006

Hi Bloggers from windy and very wet pouring down South Wales!

The card I'm going to post today I made back in April 2006 when I first started paper crafting way back in the days before Nestabilities or Promarkers, etc.

I gave this card to my Mother for her birthday which is at the end of April.



Supplies Used:

Cream or Ivory Hammered Card - The Paper Mill Shop 
Handmade Pearl Paper - The Paper Mill Shop 
Burgundy Card - The Paper Mill Shop 
Pink Card - The Paper Mill Shop 
Ink - Black - Not Sure What Brand
Computer Generated Image 
Brads - Dovecraft
Organza Ribbon - Local Craft Store 
Charm - Making Memories 
Colouring Medium - Chalks or Pencils

I used Cream or Ivory Hammered card as the base then added a sheet of pearl handmade paper as a mat on the top which I distressed using black ink!  I added teal brads to the corners of the mat!  I printed off a computer image of a vintage lady and painstakingly cut her out and coloured her with either chalk or pencil.  I added french knots embroidered to her dress and cut a flower from some patterned paper and placed it in her hair!  I added some of my own real blusher to give her a rosy glow!  She was then matted  onto a co-ordinating coloured  oval and then used the matting and layering idea from the printed image to make templates then drew this onto co-ordinating papers to make the mats behind the oval! I Added some organza ribbon and a Making Memories charm to finish!

It probably looks quite amateurish now but I think its not bad for a beginner which was what I was then!

I would love to receive your comments!

Back soon with another post!









14 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah what a beautiful card. Such a pretty image. Love the whole vintage feel of your card. I bet your Mum was very happy when she opened her card. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah..you asked where I got my Tote bag pattern,I just Googled the name and it came up... the details are....
    Quilts illustrated...designed by Penny Sturges... Ps016 CHARM PARTY TOTE..
    Love your card it's gorgeous

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again Sarah..,sorry I don't have the original link for the bag as it was out of stock that's why I ended up on google

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I think we'd all look back at our first piece and be amazed at how we've grown but the main thing is we started...tis a loVely card and I bet your Mum loVed it...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tee hee Sarah .. .. you made me smile saying you made this lovely card pre Nestabilities and pre ProMarkers. It feels like they have always been around !!!!

    Gosh my early creations were nothing like as good as this.

    I bet your Mam really loved it. I wonder if she still has it.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely card Sarah and I bet your Mum loved it. Can't imagine a life without Nesties and Promarkers now! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pretty amazing crd for someone starting out Sarah, all the layering, the french knots, I would be very proud if my first effort looked half as good as this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sarah... I'm sure you mum loved it!! great job.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, looks much better than my earlier cards did which were peel offs mainly with the off image here and there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this ... my efforts when I first started were total rubbish... but I thought they were fabulous!!
    Pretty card indeed Sarah .
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I'd produced this card when I was a newbie. I bet your Mam loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab card tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card bet you Mum loved it hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete