Tuesday 26 June 2012

40th RUBY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY ACCORDIAN ALBUM

Hello Bloggers!

Well it's a little bit raining here this morning!  Billy my black cat is lying on my desk sleeping right besides me whilst I'm typing this post!  This is a regular thing for him he loves it but it can be annoying because he comes and lies on my hand or the mouse lead and I end up making all sorts of mistakes!
Anyway, this morning I'm posting an Accordion Album I made back in 2006 for my Mother An Father In Law's 40th Ruby Wedding Anniversary! 
Hope you like it!

A View of the Front Cover:



A View of the Whole Inside of the Album:



A Closer View of Pages 1 & 2:



A Closer View of Pages 3 & 4:



A Closer View of Pages 5 & 6:


This project was made about a year after I started card making and I remember that it took quite a lot of work and also that I felt quite pleased with myself because at the time it was a big achievement as it involved lots of different techniques!

There were lots of supplies used but I won't bore you with the details and list them!

My Mother and Father-In-Law were absolutely delighted with it! 

If you want a closer view of each picture just click on it!

I would love to receive your comments!

Sarah x









15 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah thank you for being my newest follower, I am following you.
    This is a stunning creation, lots if lovely detail, I am sure your in laws will love it, and treasure it too.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah what a fabulous project , fantastic pages on this mini book , Love the front cover . They will treasure this , Great work Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful project for them I bet they cherish it! You can see all the hard work you put into it and its stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my world... What an amazing project, and such a thoughtful, sweet, BEAUTIFUL gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow such a beautiful keepsake card,sure to be treasured. My Bob is worn out now after jet washing the patio as well. Never mind decorating tomorrow...the fun never stops at our house but I can always sneak in some craft time lol.. Thanks for joining my blog.
    Did you know you have the dreaded word verification ?
    janex

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of work went into it. As for Billy, he is helping! You didnt think you could manage this on your own did you, lol?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...bet they loVed this card Sarah, I've never attempted an accordian card, like you say a lot of time & effort has to be put in but you have done a loVely job here...loVely work...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not surprised they were thrilled with it. What a marvellous keepsake! You can just see all the care and love that's gone into making this special creation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah, I can make lots of mistakes even without the cat sitting on my hand - lol. This album card is so beautiful and so appropriate for your In-laws. It must have taken you ages, but was so worth it and what a wonderful memory book for them. Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea and love the reds and black color palette...looks amazing

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous mini book, love the colourway.
    luv
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful mini book love the colours tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah

    I have never tried making one of these .. .. the finished result looks stunning!

    What a gorgeous keepsake.

    Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely idea to make such an amazing card for your parent’s anniversary. It looks amazing and you’ve added so many wonderful details into it. I’ve also asked my sister to make a nice card that I want to give to my friend, on the occasion of her wedding next week at one of the amazing event halls for rent.

    ReplyDelete